Michael Hempseed is the author of Being A True Hero: Understanding and Preventing Suicide in Your Community. The book is being used by the New Zealand Police, Fire and Emergency NZ, GPs, Counsellors as well as many parents and teachers.
About the Training
The field of suicide prevention is changing rapidly, as we learn more about the causes of suicide we need to change and adapt our existing programs. Often when people think of suicide they assume a person must be experiencing depression. In the last few years we have discovered there are many more causes of suicide, including anxiety, poor sleep, a same day crisis and trauma.
This webinar will cover,...
• The latest research around effective suicide prevention.
• How to help someone who is suicidal and where to find help.
• Common myths and misconceptions about suicide.
• Why sleep deprivation plays a significant role in suicide.
• How the topic of suicide can be addressed safely with young people
• How to support young people if there has been a death by suicide.